Employees concerning hospitals, clinics, laboratories and housekeeping are at ancient risk of being exposed to bloodborne pathogens as they deal daily with contaminated venous and human body fluids. Exposure to these bloodborne pathogens can plumbiferous to unsound diseases like HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and Hepatitis B and C.
The Bloodborne Pathogens Standard was given by the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in 1991. The Needlestick Satety and Prevention Act was enacted in 2001 and in the same year OSHA revised its standards. The new Bloodborne Pathogens Standards specifies the exigency for employers to secure safer and better needle devices keeping your health and asylum in mind. The new standards further stipulate the maintenance concerning a log book recording injuries resulting from contaminated needles.
It is very important that you keep your health and safety a priority. For this you compulsion safety protection kits to protect you from exposure to bloodborne pathogens. There are a number of personal protection safety kits obtainable in the market today.
* Clean up kit: This is a cleanup kit with sixteen pieces of tackle for purifying fluid spills. It includes a small disposable tray that you can store in a first aid box or drawer. All the contents in the kid are disposable after one use.
* Body fluid Spill kit: It contains twenty three pieces of biohazard clean up equipment. This kit meets will all the OSHA requirements and includes numerous biohazards and jacket disposal bags.
* Safety kit with CPR shield: This includes a cleanup gear for fluid spills besides CPR shields to be used bit administering CPR to an ill or injured patient. The shield is worn to avoid exposure to infections while treating the patient. This kit also meets all the OSHA regulations.
* Safety Response kit: This is available in different sizes of 10, 16 and 24 unit sizes. The contents of this tackle include equipment to clean fluid spills containing bloodborne pathogens. It also contains personal protection gear like gowns, masks connective shoe covers to guard your health.
* Biohazard bags: Proper power of soiled garments and contaminated equipment is very important. These biohazard bags are colored orange to differentiate them from other contents of a kit. All your contaminated items can be collected here and then sent off to be disposed off.
* Antiseptic Solutions: These solutions are used to spray the environment to shackle the work penumbra clean et alii free from contamination. Most of these antiseptic solutions give bribe against salmonella, herpes, staphylococcus, hepatitis and HIV infections.
* Sharps containers: OSHA mandates all health care facilities including clinics to have sharps containers in all work areas dealing with blood and gestic fluids. These containers are used for the correct disposal of needles and sharp instruments to prevent injuries with contaminated needles. These containers have locks to prevent anyone removing used needles from inside them.
It is a bit alarming to work with blood and other body fluid samples that may be infected with bloodborne pathogens. However, a few precautionary measures taken by you vessel prevent any accidents from taking place. It is very important that you do total to keep your health protected. Taking adequate safety measures refusal totally protects you but also your colleagues working through you.